Saturday, February 20, 2021

Exercises to Remember

It snowed again this past week - the storm started on Thursday and lasted all day Friday. But it was slow and steady, light snowing without too much build-up. So, a nice storm. Today, when I got to the park for parkour it was mostly empty and looked like a winter wonderland. We spent class today climbing over things and swinging. One of the exercises was climbing down faster - which I got really fast by falling and landing on my back! Fortunately, there was all the fresh snow to pad my fall, and so I was totally fine. Then, just to make sure I couldn't do the move, I fell in exactly the same way again. The first time everyone was all worried, the second time they were like "did you learn nothing?" It was a good exercise because it had us moving our hands down first, then our feet, which is a little counterintuitive for me. You were meant to move hand, hand, feet. So you at least have two points of contact (not zero, which is not helpful.) Definitely something to practice.

Then we did underclings, which was fun. And, I actually was able to grab the bar from moving a bit, scrunch up my core, swing my legs through, and arc forward. Another one to work on.

For physical therapy we've moved to doing the Jane Fonda things standing up, with a band on the legs. But, they still need to be slow, and not to be too high. We also added bent knee monster walks. I have a tendency to point my feet to the side, but they have to point straight forward to be effective.

My nephew bought one of those bearded lizards and now he has to order cockroaches delivered to his home. That's just weird. For some reason the cockroach supply was low, so he had to get canned crickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment