Friday, January 15, 2021

Night Skiing!

It's the middle of January and I haven't been skiing yet this year. I feel like last year ski season ended before quarantine, so that's only two months (hard to believe it's been 10 months)! Anyhow, I was able to get off work a little early and decided to hit the slopes at Nashoba. I figured that for my first ski of the season it didn't need to be a big mountain - a little hill would be fine. And it was. 

There wasn't that much snow, so only two of the easy trails were opened.  But I went up and down the same slopes for 4 hours, practicing my turns and edging. I'm going to watch some videos next. I was all nervous about the fact that sunset is at 4:30 ish, and I would be paid through 6:30 ish, so I would be skiing in the dark. But then as it got dark, they turned on some lights, and it was totally fine.

I actually started to feel pretty good about a few of my runs, and it felt kind of fun! Looking forward to some longer trails that are hopefully a little less crowded..

No comments:

Post a Comment