Saturday, January 18, 2020

Kickboxing

I had a really great vacation in Thailand and Myanmar, which I will tell you about in the previous posts :)  If only you could go back in time in real life in the same way as you can on the internet.  My foot really improved a lot during my vacation, I think in part because I did a lot of swimming. I loved snorkeling - it's swimming without the breathing problem. It was so fun to feel like I could swim, and feel strong and capable in the water. I need to practice swimming more.

I did my first real work out this past week, I did this boring and painful HIIT class where the instructor was really unfriendly, and the only reason that I knew what was going on was the woman next to me kept telling me. I don't think I'll go back there, though it was a good workout, and I kind of wanted to throw up at the end. On Friday, I decided that I should get some cardio in, and tried kickboxing!  I haven't really kicked/punched anything since I stopped doing Tae Kwon Do like 10 years ago, but a lot of it came back.  First, they require that you buy wrist wraps - there were so many cool colors, but in the end I decided to get the ones with cats on them. Because they have them. Crazy Cat Lady Boxing :)  Then, they loaned me smelly gloves. Yuck. Then, we did 8 three minute rounds, with a minute in between. Only, I thought it was 7 rounds, and was really unhappily surprised when there was an eighth. I had pretty much decided that I was going to throw up towards the end, and then the coach was like "7 minutes of abs!"  Despite this, it was a fun class, I plan to do it again!

I'm working from home now on Wednesdays - I had my first Wednesday this week. It was so nice to not have to drive all the way to work.  I got up a half hour later and still was at my desk before usual. We just hired a new Executive Director, I hope that I can keep working from home one day a week when she starts!  It was really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment