Saturday, November 30, 2019

Hike and climb and yet still I'm stuffed

It's 5:04 and my cats are sitting looking at me like I haven't fed them in months, which I know for fact isn't true. Yet, I'm getting an unrelenting Tigger death stare. OK, so I will write about my post-Thanksgiving hike and climbing today, and then feed the starving cats!

I ate way too much, as always, for Thanksgiving. But, it was so good! Especially the stuffing. When I finished eating, I had to lie on the couch for a while and feel remorse. To compensate, the next day I went for a meet up hike on Pack Monadnock. The trail that we took was 5.9 miles and 1300 ish feet of elevation gain, so definitely a real hike, but not like a 4000 footer. I thought I could do it as a meet up, and mostly it was fine. There were 9 of us, plus one dog, on the hike, and I was in the front pack of 4 for pretty much the entire time!  I was pretty impressed with me - we went at a pace that had me breathing hard, but not about to die. There were a couple people in the group who were super slow, so we had to keep stopping and waiting. But that was OK. After I went black Friday shopping in NH, where there are no sales taxes! I got a toaster oven so I can have better avocado toast (my old toaster only worked on one side) and an Amazon Echo to replace the alarm clock that I haven't loved for about 11 years. In the morning I can ask Alexa about the weather and my commute. And I can make a shopping list :) If I was a person who made shopping lists.

Today I went to a class at BKBX where we got to use the bouldering wall for part of the class. I climbed a V1 on an overhang! It took me two tries. The first time I got to the second to last move and couldn't quite make it. I fell, and wasn't even scared!  Of course, their wall isn't that high. But still I was impressed with how far I've come on the falling.

Yesterday I also bought a turkey because it was only 49 cents a pound - so it went from like $30 to $5. Mmmm, turkey - it's in the fridge thawing, but tomorrow the plan is to cook and freeze. And then I can feel this stuffed for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment