Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Barre

I'm wrapping up everything at work, I only have 5 days left, but not really 5 days because tomorrow I have to leave early to fill out paperwork, my boss says we can leave early Friday because of the break, and he said I could leave at noon on my last day.  So, 3 or my 5 remaining days are half days.  Which is 3.5 days left.  Shit's getting real!  I got some nice notes from some of my students, and I'm having a little gathering at a taco place on my second to last day.  I kind of wanted to just skulk out, but I guess that's not what you should do after almost 20 years.

Tomorrow I'm going to fill out paperwork at the new school.  There's a lake on campus (!) that I plan to try walking around.  I think it's 2.6 miles, which would be perfect for a jog.  It's going to be so different.  I mean, now I can see the city from my office window.  Soon, there will be a lake.

Anyhow, I've been trying to figure out this exercise thing, and I finally settled on class pass.  You pay a membership fee and can take classes at studios all over the city and burbs.  Which seems like it will be perfect, because I can take classes near my new work, and also near home on the weekend. Or I can stop on the way home.  I can even do crossfit!  I just started a week's free membership on Monday.  I did yoga on Monday, which was fine.  Yesterday I did my first barre class ever.  I've wanted to try it for a while - it was a lot of squats.  My legs were shaking!  Today I was trying to walk up and down stairs and there was some serious protests from my body.  It was fun.  Not something I would want to do 4 days a week, but maybe once?  And yoga once?  And spin once?  And climbing once?  Or, run around the lake.  I think that could be a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment