Friday, August 18, 2017

Wasso

The ride to Wasso was the hardest, and I totally bailed on it. I'm not completely sure how long the ride was, I know I did about 30 minutes and was miserable for every second of it. The heat was killer! I was worried I would push myself too hard and get sick. As a result, though, I spent the entire day in the bus, which really wasn't much fun.

It was interesting to see more of Africa, as we rode out of the valley we could see the landscape changing from dry dry dry to more green and some fields. We left the Maasai tribe and came into the land of a different group. When we got close to Wasso we could see people coming into town for the local market where they were selling cows and goats. It was so interesting to see the mix of people, some in western clothes, some in traditional with their stick and shoes made of old tires.

It's so lame, but in town we went to the market and bought Pringles. I mean, WTF? I never eat them! I think it's the salt, they were so good.

The campground we stayed in was really pretty. As we went to bed I notice someone sitting guard, which I assumed meant that we would be safe for the night. Turns out that the place was owned by some former big shot in government and that's who was being protected, not us. Ha!  Andy was really disappointed that he didn't get to talk to the big shot about government and our only interaction with the guy was when he helped guide the truck into the compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment