Saturday, September 3, 2016

Back again!

So apparently I was actually pretty sick last week, probably part of why the hike was so difficult. Not that it wasn't difficult to begin with, but it was even more difficult due to whatever virus I had. After the hike I spent the last three days of vacation on the couch. Monday I only went to work for a half day, and all week I was pretty much a couch potato after work, doing next to nothing. I have this hacking cough and am tired, but finally I'm starting to feel better.

Which is to say, I have not been a good crossftter. I didn't go at all last week, and I hadn't been this week either. I didn't want to go today because #1 it was a partner workout and #2 I didn't want to go. But, then I decided I had to go. I've wasted so much $ and I may never go back if I get too in the habit of not going. And I don't want that to happen. I was thinking I could just go tomorrow, but tomorrow is a killer looking hero wad, and also I want to go for a hike. I'm having thoughts about The Owl, but I also am having thoughts that that's a silly idea.  We'll see.

WOD: My partner was super nice and did Level 1 with me
60 calories rowing
90 wall balls
60 pull ups
90 box jumps (I did steps)
our time: 17 min 15 sec

For rowing we did 10 calories each and then switched, so I rowed 3 sets of 10. We did 10's on the wall balls as well, and so I did 4 sets of 10, plus one more in the warm up! That's pretty good for me. Pull ups we did 5's. I used bands but was actually getting them right with the bands :)  Box jumps of course I stepped.

They have a softer box that's made of some padding-type stuff. I'll have to try doing box jumps on it sometime. It looks harder to hurt yourself on. It would be a good way to work up to real box jumps. One woman was using it and we were talking about it, and this guy was like "it doesn't work well on the higher level, though." Coach looked at him and said "I think you are talking to the wrong crowd with that concern." Everyone but the guy laughed, I think he was embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment