Thursday, February 12, 2015

5K!

Snow snow snow.  I was listening to the weather report (as I was sitting in traffic) and it was "snow tonight, just a dusting. Tomorrow, more snow."  There's supposed to be another blizzard on Sunday, which will be the first time in like 50 years that there have been two blizzards in one winter here!  We're up to like 6 feet of snow, and all since the end of January!!

I've seen some intrepid souls out running, but I think they are nuts. The sidewalks aren't all clear and drivers are so cranky.  It's hazardous, and slow.   

I went to the gym today, and I was pretty psyched because I finally ran for a full 30 minutes again.  I started at 5.0 mph for a minute, bumped it up to 5.5 for four more, and then up to 5.7 for the rest of the run.  It was seriously boring, and a little tiring, but my tendon didn't hurt and I did ok aerobically. I didn't really want to run any faster, but I was fine at that speed.  Yay!

I'm planning to go snow shoeing on Sat morning before the next big storm.  Good way to get some exercise, and way more fun than the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment