Monday, February 5, 2024

Swim Speed

I'm getting a little nervous that I won't be swimming fast enough for the 200 and they are going to pull me before I finish. Another woman who's swimming the 200 was going on about how nervous she was about it, and then we swam and she finished almost a full lap ahead of me. Sigh. That was a low moment of training.

I decided that I've worked hard over the year, and if they pull me, they pull me. I'll just have to learn to swim faster and try again next year. 

But, before we get to that point I do still have 17 days until the race. I resolved that I would do some research on how to swim faster and go to the pool and practice at least 10 times before the race. Which is a lot. And not a lot. I'm not sure how much of a difference I can make in 5 hours (because I can't deal with much longer than 30 minutes in the pool), but I can at least try.

Today I watched a video that said to shrug my shoulder as my hand goes into the water and keep it shrugged until my arm is bent and I'm at the pull. I tried doing that and it was hard, but I did think I was going faster (go me!) It also said to slowly get your arm in the correct position first, and then accelerate the speed of the arm. With the images it makes a lot of sense. So, I'm going to keep watching the video and keep practicing. Today was one day - just 9 more practices to go :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment