Sunday, August 13, 2023

Mini Trampoline at the Lake

After my hike I was tired and had a little exercise hangover, but I was definitely less sore than after flume. I went to parkour the next morning, and it was all jumping. It killed me! My legs were tired and jumping was not what I wanted to do, but I tried my best.

Later, I went to the lake with some friends. I did a short swim which was really nice, and after we sat on the dock chatting. We watched the clouds move in, and then watched the rain move across the lake until it came to us. Most everyone left, but it looked like the rain was going to move off, and it did. After the rain, three guys arrived with a mini trampoline which they put at the end of the dock and used to jump into the water. It looked so fun, we asked if we could try too, and they were happy to let us.

At first I was really nervous about it because the dock was wet and slippery, and I felt like things could go wrong. After a few jumps I started to feel better about it, but still wasn't up for diving. I did a dive off the edge of the dock to remind myself that it isn't hard. And then I just went for it and dived, and it was so fun. After a couple dives I noticed I was sort of rotating, so I tried a front flip! I was a little short on the rotation and landed on my back (ouch!). I tried one more time and got a little further, but not quite around. 

At some point the state police came, and we were so surprised that they didn't tell us to leave. We saw the guy on his radio, and assumed that the college police would come kick us off the dock, but they didn't. It was such a fun way to end the weekend! Eventually it started pouring again, and we left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment