Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Full Moon Swim

Last night was the first full moon of August - we will have a blue moon this month! To celebrate the Merfolk had a moonlight swim, which was awesome. We met at the lake at 9 pm (about 20 of us!) and were in the water by 9:30. Someone brought glow sticks and we all made bracelets and necklaces.  We had to swim a little ways out before we could see the moon, but when we did, it was SO bright. It was amazing! Everyone treaded water and watched, and then someone started howling, and everyone joined in. I love full moon swims.

Today I rode a blue bike to the Y in Charlestown, did the elliptical for 20 minutes and lifted some weights, and then biked home. It was a good workout. It's actually really nice out finally - it was 74 and not humid, no signs of rain. So exciting to be outside and not dying from the heat. On the way to the gym, I saw an outdoor yoga class that looked good - I'll have to look it up and see if I can figure out how to join.

I'm on a big exercise kick because I decided that instead of hiking the Pemi loop on my vacation, I'm going to hike the Laugavegur Trail in Iceland! It's a little spur of the moment, but why not? I'm super excited about it, but also a little nervous because it's 34 mile and considered moderate to challenging. I will be headed to the White Mountains for some training for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment