Thursday, February 10, 2022

Real Yoga!

My last yoga class in a yoga studio with four walls was March 13, 2020. I decided that today was the day to go back! It was a little sad because the studios I used to go to are now closed, and I had to do some research on where to go. I settled on b in Union, a studio that's close by that I'd never been to - I couldn't remember why until I got there and realized that they heat the studio a lot. It's not quite hot yoga, but it's really really warm. 

The class was really nice anyhow. It was pretty intense - 75 minutes with the middle of it being a lot of vinyassas, planks and sweating. Somerville has an indoor mask mandate (part of why I felt OK going) so all of this was compounded by my mask! There were a few times that I thought I might either puke or pass out, but I didn't. And then we had a nice long pigeon pose and I got down really far and was super happy about the heat.

I spent 10 days in Nicaragua in the end of January on a surfing and yoga retreat which I will hopefully go back and blog about. The place I stayed was so gorgeous, and the yoga studio looked out over the Pacific Ocean (it only had 2 walls though). All through class you could hear the waves, and in the evening we could see the sunset. Sometimes at the end of yoga, during shivasana, I imagine my yoga mat is a magic carpet and I'm flying somewhere cool. Today I took a trip back to the studio in Nico, and I can see myself doing that again in the future. It was so nice!

I hope that the numbers stay down and that we can go back to a little more normal again. Covid fatigue is real.   

No comments:

Post a Comment