Saturday, January 15, 2022

Very Cold Parkour



This morning it was 4 degrees out (brrr) but it's Saturday, so of course I went to parkour, and it was really fun. I wore my ninja hoodie with the hood fully zipped, another patagonia base layer, a tshirt, a sweatshirt and my jacket, fleece lined pants and my Athleta pants, wool socks, my La Sportiva shoes, a fleece neck warmer, a hat, and gloves with hand warmers. I wasn't that cold when I got there, and then we started running around, for 20 minutes - I was so hot! I had to unzip and keep taking my gloves off. After, we practiced balance on different things and at different levels, which I was pretty happy about because I am still building up confidence after The Big Fall. I did some good balances on slightly higher things, and walked on a little higher bar. After we took a photo to prove we were there. I really like this second picture because it looks like the wind blew us into the net!

Yesterday we did a practice at the school across the street from my place. We started with stairs, did some fun vaults and jumped around on the stumps (I did two foot jumps to every other stump) and then made up some silly game on the playground. Then we did 106 squats on the stairs (ouch). I'm still nervous walking on the rail - I have to practice a little more to get my comfort back with it.

In between, I did a puzzle, read a book and hung out with my cats. Every puzzle I do seems to be missing one piece. I'm suspicious it's the cat's fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment