Sunday, January 2, 2022

2022

Happy 2022 to my reader (Kit!) I missed a few activities in the blog, so I thought I would get the new year started with a posting. On Friday, Dec 31 (aka NYE) I went skiing with a friend at pat's peak. It was really foggy and the snow was kind of slushy, but there was at least snow on all parts of the mountain! Even the back was open. I went with my friend Carolyn, who was also faster than me (much like my nephew). It turns out, though, that the best part of skiing with someone else is the fact that you have someone to ride the lift with, not that you actually ski with them. It was so much more fun going up with her, especially because we hadn't seen each other in 6 mos and had a lot to catch up on. We met there a little after 8:30, probably started skiing around 9 and left at about 3:30. But, we did eat lunch, which took about an hour, so I think it was about the same amount of skiing as other days. 

Also last week I took my brother and his partner for a walk in the Fells on my favorite loop, the rock circuit. I told them we would "walk around the reservoir" but I didn't really specify the terrain. Ooops. Fortunately they both came in layers, with water, and wearing hiking shoes. The trail in from the road is actually like a dirt road. So, we started walking up the path, and they said they'd like to go in the direction with the view of Boston, so I turned at the trail. My brother walked right past it, not even realizing that yes, we were going on an actual trail just a few miles from the city. We did the whole loop without crossing the road - it worked out well, they seemed to enjoy it in the end.

Today I was at parkour and I did something to my back. It's silly - I wasn't doing anything hard, just stepped down and felt it pull. I think I may have been overdoing it with the skiing, hiking and parkour... This is the first Sunday that class hasn't been right across the street from me - it's now 2/3 of a mile away at the high school. So, of course it figures that I would hurt myself today and have to be limping home before class ended. I spent the rest of the day on the couch both feeling comfortably lazy and bored. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment