Saturday, June 12, 2021

Parkour Goals

 I set two long term goals for parkour, and I've actually met them! The first was to walk along the low rail, the round one, at the parkour park. I thought for sure I would never be able to do that, but it turned out that all I had to do was to get new shoes and it wasn't so hard. I've done that at least a couple dozen times now. There were only three of us in class today and we stayed after and practiced for about a half hour until one of the guys was like "we should film this," so we did. After I regretted it a little, because I was much more graceful looking in my head. But, at least I made it all the way across when being video taped.

I need to get my shoulders out of my ears. Also, I've lost some weight since January, which has been HARD to do, and I've been feeling good about it. Which, is good. But looking at the video it's a reminder that I could still lose a few pounds. So, not to get too into myself about it :)

The other goal I had was to do a lazy vault over this cement wall that's a little below hip level. Everyone does them there and I've tried many many times, but I always hit the wall with my hip. Today I practiced enough and just put some trust into myself and I actually did it! The first time was almost an accident, as often happens. After that I did about a dozen more, a couple that felt really good, like was just popping right over. When you do them right, they are so easy and effortless. I'm definitely going to keep working on that one - I'd like to be able to do them better, and to do them in other places. 

Now I need to set some new goals.

I'm thinking about a hike in NH for tomorrow. The weather should be reasonable and I want to get my stamina up to a level where I can do the last two 4000 footers that I haven't soloed (Isolation and Washington, definitely not the easiest two).


No comments:

Post a Comment