Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Metrorock!

Today was my first day back to indoor climbing in 15 months, and it was awesome! I think I only went climbing two or three times in 2020, and my foot was healing from toe surgery, so it was not a lot of fun and I could barely drag myself up 5.8's. So, this was my first good day of indoor climbing in a year and a half. Wow.

My friend and I went to Metrorock over CRG because, even though it's a little less convenient for her, it's Metrorock. Just walking in, I was like "I have missed you" my friend and climbing. Also, I was like "are the walls taller than they used to be?" But once I was climbing, I was fine. We both started with a 5.8 and then moved to 5.9's. I did three 5.9's clean before moving to 5.10's. Maybe I should have tried 5.10's sooner because my arms were killing me. I successfully did a 5.10A and a 5.10B, both with about 3 rests for my arms and then I tried another 5.10A, but was on the wrong rope, and my arms were pumped. I did one more 5.9 that I thought would be slabby, but wasn't, and that was the evening. Eight climbs - not bad. I was really pleased with how I was climbing, that I was in good enough shape to flash the 5.9's and get up the 10's. I was also happy that my toe felt OK. 

It was so great to catch up with my climbing buddy after over a year also!

I had a not-so-great Memorial Day weekend. I was so tired after my hike. And Saturday I noticed that my cat was winking at me and had some big eye buggers. She's been acting like she felt uncomfortable for a couple days, and of course there's her general saltiness. So, I called the vet who said that she should be seen that day, but they didn't have any times. So, against my better judgement I took her to the animal urgent care. I had scheduled an appointment, but even so, they told me it would be an hour wait. I was so tired, and it was rainy and miserable out. I was sad.

But, across the street was a gas station, and I realized that my car needed to be inspected because the sticker was running out that day. And, I had been getting a low tire pressure reading, so I could put air in my tires. Since I had and hour that I was going to be unhappy, I figured I might as well do things I dislike. So, I got my car inspected. Then, I went to fill my tires. This is where things went wrong because somehow I pulled the sensor out of the tire and it slowly deflated as I stood there trying to put it back in. If I held the thing there it didn't deflate, but of course you can't drive a car like that, so eventually I had to let the tire go flat and go to the gas station to ask for help. 

So, there I was with my crying cat in her carrier, my car with a flat tire, standing in the rain begging the garage guys to please fix it. Happily they were able to put a thing in! And, the vet then messaged to say that they were ready for Tigger, who only had mild conjunctivitis. And, I went back today and got a new tire sensor. It was a lot of money to find out that Tigger was fine. I should have stayed on the couch, my first instinct. 

No comments:

Post a Comment