Sunday, October 18, 2020

Home Crossfit after Geriatric Parkour

I signed up for parkour too late this week, and my regular class was full so I had to do the geriatric one earlier in the day. I really like the seniors ( :) ) in the class, but it's earlier in the day, a half hour shorter, and it doesn't push me as much. Going to the class I was able to see that the other class (where I am consistency one of the slower, less balanced and less sure of myself people) has really helped me to improve a lot. Yay! After class I decided that I should get in some more exercise, and since I was already warmed up, I could just WOD.

I looked at my old gym, and their WOD from yesterday was:

3 rounds
14 SA Dumbell Snatch
300 m DB carry (35 pounds)
14 SA DB Hang clean and jerk
75 double unders

I did a little modifying - I lifted 20 pounds for the snatches and clean and jerks, and the first round I carried the 20 pounds around to the front of the building and back, which is may 200 meters? After that I decided just to do 75 single unders on the jumprope in place of the double unders and DB carry. I left the "hang" off hang clean and jerk when I wrote everything down, so I did regular clean and jerks. But I did the entire workout in about 34 minutes! And, I wanted to throw up a little at a couple points. I cant say that I particularly enjoyed it, but it wasn't that bad, it only took 34 minutes, and I do feel like I had a good workout. I really need to try to WOD more often and not be lazy!

Tomorrow there's a women's parkour workout that's a general thing, not a class, but just a bunch of women getting together to practice, and someone invited me to join up. Hopefully it will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment