Saturday, June 20, 2020

Parkour Lockdown Challenge

I finally joined parkour - they have a $75 per month online membership which isn't a bad deal. They have noon workouts every day, and then geriatric evening classes Monday and Thursday. If I do 2 noon classes a week, and one geriatric evening class, that's $6 ish per class. I'm feeling so out of shape, I needed to do something!

Thursday I did my first evening class - there were only 3 of us there, and 2 instructors :). It was pretty fun, some jumping exercises. Our parking lot is being repaved, and no one is back there, so I did it outside. Today I did an hour and a half class, which reminded me a lot of crossfit. And of how out of shape I am. We did a 10 minute AMRAP that included 12 crunches (where your feet and head never touch down), 6 high plank-to low plank-to high planks, and then 3 burpees (one can never get away from burpees!) I did almost 5 rounds in 10 minutes, but I had to put my knees down on the planks after the first one. Then we did EMOM plank jumping jacks, which I can't do because of my toe, so I just planked. We started at 15 in a minute, then added one for each minute, for 11 minutes. I started with 15 sec of plank and added to it - I got to 21 sec and was done. So then I did wall sits and squats.

The sad thing is that is the less fun part of crossfit - I always liked the lifting more, and the WOD less. But, I guess you do what you have to do.

I was going to go hiking yesterday, either Garfield, Willey, or Sandwich Dome, but when I looked at the weather it was supposed to be HOT, like 90, with a possibility for thunderstorms. Also, it's black fly season. I could not force myself out the door. And, I'm so glad I didn't go - I saw someone posted that they were hiking and a huge thunderstorm rolled in, with giant hail - the white mountains definitely isn't the place I want to be in a story. Hopefully next weekend I can try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment