Tuesday, June 16, 2020

2 mile run/walk

I was at socially distant parkour on Sunday and we played this game that was basically red light/green light, and I kept getting caught because I was so slow, and breathing so heavy. I am fat and out of shape. Pandemics aren't good for fitness goals. I decided I have to try to do better, and so yesterday I went for a kayak and today I went for a run.

I am so excited that they opened the canoe and kayak place again! I've already been 3 times in the last 8 days :) First I went kayaking in Newton, then paddleboarding in Allston, then kayaking again in Cambridge/Boston. It's been so nice out, it was perfect on the water! This year you have to make a reservation, and I decided to get my own life jacket so that I wouldn't have to wear one that someone else recently had on (I felt OK about this expense, because also the rental ones often smell). I also cleared the dill out of my garden - there was soooo much. It was hard to pull it all, but I had to. It isn't really good once it gets warm out, and it shades the other plants.

Today, I decided that I would go for a run after work. I did a bunch of mapping, trying to figure out a good route, but in the end decided I would do a 2 mile run that's an abbreviation of my 3 mile run - the bridge is still out, and I wasn't sure I was up to 3 miles. And, I wasn't. I have some new paper surgeon's masks that I got for outdoor exercise in the city - I wore one of them, but it was still difficult to breath with it covering my face. After not very long, I pushed it down so my nose was poking out when I wasn't near other people. And then so my mouth was out too.

I made it less than a mile before stopping - about .8 mile. Then I walked a little, and then ran again, and then walked and so on. I ran more than I walked, but still it took 26 minutes and 27 seconds, according to my Fitbit. I did have to stop at a couple of lights, so maybe 26 minutes, which is a 13 minute mile average. Which isn't so bad.

I'm thinking about getting an online subscription to parkour and doing their online classes - they have a noon class every day, and then they also have two low impact evening classes. I've been ok about weekend exercising, but during the week I've been such a slacker!

No comments:

Post a Comment