Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Ran a mile!

Actually, 1.1 miles, which I did in about 12 minutes, which is about a 10 min, 40 sec mile, which is way faster than it felt. It felt seriously slow. It may have been slower, but we are going to pretend. I was talking to one of my coworkers today, and she said that she runs two miles a day, but she use to do one mile a day. And I thought, I could run one mile a day - say 3 days a week. I mean, I wouldn't enjoy it, but also it wouldn't take that long and I could do it. So, we will see if I can. Day 1, check!

I have been doing virtual parkour, and it's so fun! On Monday we played "The Floor is Lava" or, as my brother and I used to call it "Keep Off the Floor." We were much more organized about it than my brother and I used to be, we started by planning one step - which for me was stepping onto a yoga block on the second highest setting (because I did yoga class right before - go me!). At first I could just picture the block turning over and me falling and a sprained ankle and not being able to exercise for months; but then when I continued to do it, it was actually fine. Then we added another step, which I did stepping onto my ottoman. Then we added more - I just got a new dining room table, and I had taken the legs off my Ikea table, and they turned out to be perfect parkour props. They are still lying on the floor in the living room so I can walk on them. The cool thing was that every time I tried a new thing I thought I wouldn't be able to do it, and I thought about getting rid of the yoga block, but by the end of the class it wasn't so hard!

I actually got my mom and dad's dining room table and chairs because my mom is moving to an assisted living floor. It's really weird going through her things and dividing stuff up when she is still here, it feels intrusive. And, since we are taking stuff, it sort of feels like we are stealing from her. (In fact, I told some people that my sister and I were stealing my mom's stuff, though of course it's not really true, it was always meant to come to us.) With the quarantine, we aren't able to visit her and we have to wear masks around each other, which is also weird.

I also got a nice computer chair, which I didn't realize I needed - but now that I've been using it my back is feeling so amazing - I didn't realize that it was killing me because of the chair! One of my cats, Tigger, had been coming over to me before and scratching and meowing, but I didn't know what she wanted - it turns out that she wanted her own seat! Now that I have cushioned chairs, she comes and naps next to me in the morning while I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment