Saturday, March 9, 2019

Mount Watatic

Spring is coming!  Tonight we spring forward, and tomorrow the sun will start to set nice and late. It's shoulder season for hiking, time for me to get back into it!  I went on a meet up for a kind of short hike in MA, Mt Watatic.  The mountain is like a 2000 footer and the hike has less than 700 feet elevation gain.  So, you go up hill for sure, but it's not that hard.  There was one woman in the group who struggled on the way up (not me, yay!) so we took a lot of stops.  It was 3 miles and took 2 1/2 hours in the end.  After we went for lunch and I had a burger.  I don't think it was a calorie reducing event.

It was a perfect day out - bluebird sky, a chill in the air, but not so cold that I needed a winter jacket, just my ninja hoodie and a t-shirt.

A very amazing thing happened at work - my new supervisor had a meeting with the president of the college, who's an MD.  She reported that I'd started, a little about me, and that I had just finished my doctorate. The president said that she thought my dissertation sounded interesting and she'd like to read more!!!  My mind was blown.  My supervisor saw the 130 pages and sent the abstract. I hope she liked it. Heck, I hope she read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment