Monday, October 26, 2015

New Shoes

There was rep from Reebok at Crossfit a few weeks ago asking our opinions on their new crossfit shoes, and everyone who joined in the conversation got a coupon for 50% off anything on their website. Ha! Like my opinion was worth 50% off, I had no clue what she was talking about.  But, I was glad to take a coupon, and now I have new shoes that only costed $65, which really is pretty good. They're a pretty blue with kevlar on top and awesome treading to help with rope climbing (and the way I climb ropes, I need any possible help.) Sadly, they don't help with pull-ups.

Today's WOD was:
Row 50 calories
25 Thrusters
25 Pull-ups
rest 3 minutes
Row 40 calories
20 Thrusters
20 Pull-ups
rest 3 minutes
Row 30 calories
15 Thrusters
15 Pull-ups

I actually like rowing, though I sort of forgot that during the rowing and had to keep reminding myself.  I also kind of like thrusters, though sometimes I hit my nose with the barbell (hazard of being Jewish), and of course then there were the pull-ups. With the warm up I rowed for 145 calories (good news because I have pumpkin pancakes from yesterday in the fridge), did 60 thrusters at 45 pounds, and did about 20 really bad pull ups with bands assisting.  Total time 25 minutes and 56 sec.  Oh, and I only took 2 minute breaks because I didn't want to be totally last.  Which I actually wasn't, but I didn't do the pull-ups....

I'm planning to try a paleo challenge for the month of November and see how it goes.  That means lots of carbs to eat in the next few days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment