Thursday, May 21, 2015

Memorial Day

It's not Memorial Day yet, but they have this display of flags up on the Boston Common, apparently one for every American killed in battle since the Revolutionary War.  It's a lot of flags.  Someone had put a pic up on FB, which reminded me that it's not just a long weekend.  So, I thought it would be nice to run by and see it.

I got caught in some really bad traffic and was sitting there thinking that I should just park and run to the Common, since I was close enough, if I could find a space.  Then I looked next to me and was like, "wait, that's a space right next to me."  Of course I almost didn't believe it, because there were actually two spots there, and what were the odds?  But really it was parking!  It actually turned out to be kind of a good thing that I parked at a meter because I can't find my watch again, so I had to go by the meter time.  I was gone from the car for about 26 min, but there were a lot of lights, and I did stop for about 30 sec at the flags, so I guessed I was running for about 22 min.  Total run was about 2.09 miles, which is kind of short, but I was really hungry.

The flags were sad.  Why can't we just stop killing each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment