Thursday, February 20, 2014

Wet Shoes in Winter

Really warm out today, like 45 degrees, so I was excited to run (ok, let's not exaggerate, I was excited to not be cold while running). Only, it turned out that a lot of snow had melted, but there was still enough left that the puddles couldn't drain.  So, there were a few times that I wound up getting my feet wet, which is worse than just being cold.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I will be able to run this weekend because I'm going ice climbing (!) (which is something that I said I would never do because I think it's nuts.  But, WTF, gotta do something that scares begeezes out of you every now and then, right?).  Then Monday I have to work late, and Tuesday is climbing, so I'm not sure when I can run again.  So, I decided I better make it a long one.  I went by the Charles River, I wanted to try to make it 5 miles, but it wound up being only 4.92, but that's OK.  It took about 53 minutes, though I had to stop a couple times to cross the street, and there were a few times I had to walk due to snow and puddles.

I got a new pedometer from work last week, so I wore that again, but also my watch.  Someone was saying they've gotten like $200 from pedometer steps.  Maybe it's worth keeping track of steps....

No comments:

Post a Comment