Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pre-Blizzard Run

We're suppose to have another big storm this weekend.  It's like storm #5 or so.  For the most part I've been pretty lucky with getting to be home for them, and someone shovels the lot here, so it's all good with me.  I did want to get out for a run before the snow hit, and it was a little warmer out (like 35 degrees) so I went for an outdoor run.  There were a bunch of icy spots on the sidewalk where people hadn't really shoveled after the last storm, and I actually had to run on the street for a little bit. I figured some of my usual route would be miserable, so when I got to the bike path (which had been plowed), I just  ran up that into Davis Square and reversed it home.  It was actually a pretty good run!  Just a tiny bit over 5K, which I did in 33 min and 45 sec.  I think I was doing about a 10.5 min mile, given the times I had to walk with the ice, and one or two really short stops to cross the street.

After my run I went to Market Basket.  Insane!  I decided to just get 12 items (ok, 13, who doesn't sneak one extra into the 12 aisle?).  I had to search for a basket, and then getting around the aisles, even with out a shopping cart, was like a obstacle course.  You would think we have never seen snow before.  There were a couple times in the produce aisle where I couldn't move.

No comments:

Post a Comment