Yesterday we were rowing and a fish jumped into the boat! Fortunately it jumped into the seat in front of me, and the guy there was able to toss it back. Given the pollution level on the Malden river where we were, I think it just thought the boat was cleaner :)
We've actually been getting a little better at rowing - the last couple of rows we've had 2-3 of the good rowers in our boat and we've actually been pretty well set, or at least enough so that we could row. I think the other thing is that we stopped trying to change the set with our handle heights, which was really throwing my technique off. Last night we went from the point where we stop on the malden to where we stop on the mystic without stopping (except to get the fish out of the boat) which is like 3 miles. It was pretty long and kind of hard, but felt great! I really like the longer pieces - I think the biggest thing I need to work on is more power, but without losing technique.
Tonight I am coxing, and it looks like it's going to rain. So not excited about it, though hopefully it will be the last time I have to cox this year. Only 10 practices left for me after tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment