Thursday, August 13, 2026

Fun day of rowing

I guess a lot of people are on vacation, so there were only 12 rowers there tonight - an 8 and a 4. I was in the 8 (rowing port again) and there were some of the good rowers with us. It was delightful! We've been really struggling with getting the boat set in our practices - on Monday I was rowing starboard and my oar was dragging on the water so bad, it wasn't very fun. And, it's really hard to get better when you can't really practice. It's been frustrating. But today we weren't perfect but we weren't totally off, and so it was a delightful row!

We started with some drills, but the big thing was the workout - we did 4 minutes on, 4 minutes off for 5 rounds of rowing. We started at 24 strokes per minute and got up to doing race starts and 30 strokes a minutes. It was really hard and I have a massive blister on my hand, but I was so happy to row and not drag my oar on the water. I feel like I have to work harder to get into the better boat, but there is no possible way to get the hours of experience that the experienced rowers have because they've spent so much time rowing. Anyhow, it looks like the next two weeks might be quiet, and I'm going to try to go as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment