Wednesday, August 21, 2024

World's end and nantasket

I had the day off today, and was thinking about a nice hike in NH, but the weather was calling for rain and it wasn't appealing. I've been wanting to go swimming at nantasket beach on the South Shore for a while, because I've heard that the water is really cold. Looking at a map, I saw it was right by world's end, which is sort of part of the Boston Harbor Islands, though I guess it's really a peninsula. Anyhow, someone I used to work with was always talking about going there for walks, and checking it out it looked nice, so I did a little south shore day trip.

World's End was really nice - much more chill than a hike in NH for sure, and easier to get to. I pretty much walked around the entire trail system; according to all trails I walked 4.76 miles, but it only took a little over 2 hours of walking. And I was strolling. It doesn't always have to be a 4000 footer! Towards the end I sat on a rock by the water and watched the boats go by - it's so pretty there. 

After, I drove over to Hull and went for a nice dip in the ocean and sat on the beach. The water was chilly, but not so cold that I had any after drop. 

Last night was slightly past the full moon, but a group of us swimmers met by the dock at 9:45 and went for a dip in the lake and watched the moon for a bit. One of the guys brought this propane fire thing that he has, and we roasted marshmallows and had smores after. The water was warmer than the air. I feel like it's going to start getting cooler soon.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment