Friday, November 10, 2023

51.4 degrees

The water this evening was down to 51.4 degrees. It's definitely colder, but I was still able to swim to the slide and back without gloves or booties. The hardest part is putting my face in the water - it takes a little longer for it to get numb because you have to take it out. A few days ago I noticed how many bruises I have from climbing onto the dock, and yet I just keep adding more :)

One of the guys from the Merfolk has gotten pretty hard core, and it's inspiring me. He's planning to swim a mile tomorrow in just a little speedo and goggles. I'm starting to think about if I could do the 200 meter swim at the Winter Swim Festival. I timed myself on Tuesday at the end of swim class and it took me about 5 minutes. Of course, that's with walls to push off of, but there kind of are at the swim fest. And, I was a little tired from class. I'm going to keep trying not to use gloves and booties, and see if it might be possible.

I found a new pair of goggles on ebay that fit! Horray! I will have to keep scouring the interwebs for them - I hate leaky goggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment