Thursday, November 24, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to my reader. :) It's been a minute since I posted, but I've still been swimming, doing yoga and parkour. The water in the lake is getting cold again - it's down to 48. I've been swimming for three days in a row now - it's weird how much I like it when it's so cold! Today I stopped by the lake on my way to my sister's for Thanksgiving. When I got there, this guy told me that there was some ice on the lake already! He'd been kayaking and I think thought swimming was a bad idea. I thanked him politely, and went and down to the water. Since it was just me, I was able to get there, lay out my stuff, strip to my swim suit, and jump in. I've been jumping off the dock lately because it's so much easier - you just have to be decisive for one step and then your in the water. I do try to breathe out to make sure I don't gasp in air. Will have to see how long I can do this.

I stayed in the water for just 5 minutes, got out, dried off, got dressed, and left. It's at the point where my skin feels cold and a little numb, but not freezing. Getting out of the water feels warm because I'm a little numb, but it's not so numb that I can feel my skin.

I made two pies - pumpkin cheesecake with a graham cracker crust and a sour cream and turmeric glaze. My sister was like "turmeric is so healthy!" Tee hee. And an apple pie. I'm only pescatarian 364 days a year (except leap year, which is 365) and I have to say I ate a lot of turkey, and it was delicious! I even carved it and didn't mind.

One of my cats has a bad case of food aggression. I'm going to try some CBD oil to see if it helps. I should take her to the vet I suppose, but we were there just a few weeks ago, and her blood work was fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment