Friday, August 19, 2022

Summer Freeze and Drum Circle

Today the mystic merfolk had our second annual summer freeze event. It was my first, but super fun! One of the merfolk brought a plastic pool, and we filled it with lake water and ice, and then we all jumped in. It was so cold! It was so nice, though - it reminded me of how much I like the feeling of getting into the freezing cold water, and then feeling all tingly when I get out. My job was to order pizza and pick it up, and also I baked blueberry pie (which was all eaten, success!)

After hanging around in the pool I went for an actual swim, to the point and back only. I swam the whole way there with just one stop, which is now pretty common for me. Although the way back was harder, mostly because it's hard for me to go in a straight line.

After pizza, the cousin of one of the merfolk brought out a drum and some guitars, and we had a drum circle. We started with some ancient and sacred songs, and then moved to hotel california :). It was so nice - the sun was setting and the water was completely calm, and there were ducks swimming around and people were dancing. Super fun!

I've been on stay-cation this week, and will be again next week. I've been totally lazy, though my sister and I did spend some time at the storage locker where we have my mom's stuff - it's been over a year and a half, we need to start going though it all and giving it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment