Friday, April 22, 2022

Swim to the Point!

Since we've been able to stay in the water for longer folks have been swimming over to "The Point," an outcrop that's always looked way too far for me to swim to. But, today I swam to it! It wasn't fast and my breathing isn't getting any better with the crawl, but I did it without it being too hard. I was super excited about it - definitely will work on improving speed and breathing skills, but happy with the length.

Last time I was swimming I got a mouth full of water and had to hang on one of the other swimmers "swim buddy" float for a couple minutes. I decided that if I really want to do open water swimming I should get one of my own. It's basically a small, brightly colored inflatable bag that's just big enough that you could hold onto it and float if you got a leg cramp or a mouth full of water. It clips around the waste and come with you in the water. It's small enough that there really isn't much drag. I don't think I would have gone so far without it, because we same right through the lake, but with it I was fine (and I didn't need it at all.)

We had a little party on the beach with food and an egg game. I made a strawberry rhubarb pie from my first rhubarb from the garden and it was really delicious! The crust was full of butter, so of course it was good :) There were also other delicious treats, and I ate way too much, definitely undid the good of swimming. I'm looking forward to improving over the summer!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment