Wednesday, December 22, 2021

30 Days of Yoga!

I actually did 30 Days of Yoga! Sometimes it wasn't easy and I didn't want to do my evening yoga, especially after a long day when I'd already worked out, but the nice thing about Adriene's workouts is that they aren't too long, so you can remind yourself that it's only 30 minutes or so. And I can do anything for 30 minutes.  The last week or so especially I've noticed that I've felt really good; not too creaky, a little less stressed and more zen. I'm going to try to keep it up and see how long I can go without breaking the streak.

Today I'm going to the hand doctor to see if they can drain my elbow lump. It's still about the size of a golf ball, and I'm always bumping it on things. I hope it's easy to drain, and the doctor isn't like "it's a little golf ball, why are you wasting my time?"

Hopefully tomorrow I'll go skiing! I was going to go today but it's raining and supposed to be a wintery mix at the mountain - I hope the skiing is OK after that. My goal is to take a lesson so that I can see if there are little changes that I can make that will make a big difference. Because I want to go skiing a little more this year, now that I have nice boots.

In the meantime, I haven't been hiking in NH since I do parkour on Saturdays and Sundays, but I have gone for my little walk in the fells most weekends. With the virus on an uptick, and my elbow, I haven't been climbing for a while. I'm trying to decide if I want to go back. Maybe... I am boosted. In the meantime at-home yoga, parkour and skiing seem like a better bet.

Update: the doctor was super nice and drained my lump. It turned out it was all blood. I'm icing and compressing it in the hopes that it doesn't swell up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment