Sunday, August 15, 2021

Rock Circuit Trail

After my failed attempt at Washington, I was eager to go up there again and try to get the peak. Today looked like it was going to be good weather, no rain, low winds, a good view - perfect! So, I was thinking I would make a day trip of it. My car, sadly, had other plans. It's tax-free weekend, so of course I went to REI. When I got into my car after shopping (got a new fitbit because it seems I fried my old one with a new charger. Sad. But, it was over 4 years old, and the new ones have so many toys, I was excited to get one) this sensor that's been broken started dinging over and over and over and over. Sometimes it would go maybe 30 seconds without dinging, but sometimes it would just ding repeatedly. There was no way I could drive for 5 hours with it dinging like that. So, I had to let the perfect day go by :(. I've taken the car to be fixed 5 times for this sensor already, no joke, and they can't seem to fix it - I'm taking it to the dealer and just getting a new one tomorrow (sensor, not car). I was just going to leave it broken - it's a tire pressure sensor, which is fun, but I guess I've lived without one for my entire life and don't need it, but the dinging has to stop!

Anyhow, since I couldn't do Washington, I decided to try the entire loop of the Rock Circuit Trail in the Fells instead. Partly I decided to do this because I went to parkour this morning and we had a pretty chill class which we finished up by going for ice cream - I had the most delicious goat cheese and fig flavor - with actual chunks of goat cheese in it! So good! I got a small, but it was not small at all, and I ate the whole thing, so I needed a little exercise.

It was finally a beautiful day - the sun was out, no humidity, about 80, a perfect day for a walk in the woods. I wore my chacos, which may have been a mistake for a 4 mile walk/hike, my feet felt a little raw at the end. And, it was really fun wearing my new fitbit - I have one face that's a bitmoji of me - it changes depending on what I'm doing. It was running while I was exercising, and then it had a banana later. Now it's sleepy. Anyhow, it was a nice walk in the woods, I ran into a few people, but it wasn't too crowded, I was a little warm for a while, but nothing too bad. 

The rest of my staycation wound up being pretty chill, but very nice. There were a few rainy days that I spent on my couch watching the Olympic climbing (so amazing!) and I read a good book. It was hard going back to work, but what can you do? I'm going to be back in person in like 3 weeks, it's so hard to believe! It will be so strange going into work, but I bet soon it will feel strange that I worked from home for a year and a half. I'm going to try working 8:30-4:30 instead of 8-4 to see if I can get an extra half hour of sleep. Wednesdays I will go right to Harvard Square for parkour I think, and maybe I can find a yoga place near Wellesley? I think if it's 3 days a week that I am commuting, it will be different than when it was five, but we'll see...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment