Wednesday, April 7, 2021

New Ski Boots!

Now that it's the end of the season it seemed like time for ski boot sales! I got some really awesome K2's that fit me like a glove (well, a glove with a hard plastic shell). The new boots have so much more lining, and the tongue is covered in a nice soft fake fur. The guy at the store said that my toes should just touch the ends of the boots, which they do, and they are supposed to stretch and get more comfortable? 

Since I had the new boots I had to get one more ski trip in, and fortunately Wachusett was opened last weekend, so I went on Saturday night. My ticket was from 4-7, but I didn't wind up staying for the full time because the snow was so bad and my feet were killing me! But, I do love the new boots. My first run was very pathetic, there were no green trails opened and only two blues, and I could barely get down the blue. Each run got better and better, and towards the end I was feeling OK. The only thing was that my feet were killing me! Probably I have to work on modifying my stance, because my toes were hitting the end of the boots, but if I bent me knees more they didn't. Next year I start off with lessons. It was super fun and great skiing in April though I forgot my gloves because it was so warm out, and had to wear old gardening gloves I found in the trunk of my car :)

Today I went to the Wednesday parkour, which was really fun! Except the running. On the bright side, it was a class of 12 and I was up at the front of the pack! So exciting!! It was a pretty fun class, coach planned a route and we all did it, over and over. I got better at it over time. After class I went with a friend for really good sorbet in Harvard Square.

I had the cleaner come again - it's so nice! It's clean, but I didn't have to clean. When my cats saw the cleaners come in, they ran under the bed, poor things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment