Saturday, June 8, 2019

Red Rocks

Third outdoor climbing of the season - I've gone a couple times behind the Chestnut Hill mall after work, but this was the first full day.  I went with a friend to Red Rocks in Ipswich, which was a new place for us.  As will all new crags, there were a few disasters, such as we had the wrong address and went to the wrong place, there was a lot of looking the place - it was frustrating.  Then, we got there and went to set up our rope and this RUDE Russian dude, I think his name was Alex, but we will call him Boris, set up his stuff on our route.  He was all "I have static rope. Quick. Easy to set up." Climbing mansplaining. Then he and his friends climbed it first and after, one of his friends had to go, and he "graciously" left his stuff up, on our rope.  His friend was like "you're such a good guy."  HA! My friend and I laughed really hard. 

I did 6 climbs, and I only freaked out a little on the last one. They have bolts there, which is nice. It's really easy to set up, though some of the bolts were really close to the edge (scary).  There was one part that was kind of hard, but we had to go up it 3 times, and I got it clean the last time :)  The last route, the rope got so tangled, and then it got caught in a crack, and I had to rappel down and untangle it. And that sketched me out a little.

Always with climbing, you do 6 climbs and it takes the entire day. WTF?

Tomorrow the goal is to hike the Osceolas.

No comments:

Post a Comment