Thursday, July 6, 2023

Weight lifting

A couple weeks ago, after dancing and a day of parkour, I noticed that my right knee was really clicky and difficult to bend. It was also pretty sore. I went to the urgent care, and the doctor there said that it's probably my meniscus and I should rest it and not do anything that hurts. Which is more or less what I've done - no jumping, no pivoting, swimming and biking. It's feeling a lot better, but still is like "hey, I'm not fine." Which is to say, I didn't go hiking for July 4 weekend, but I did go to the fireworks on the Charles, and they were amazing! 

Anyhow, I've been thinking for a while that I should get back into weight lifting, because it's so good for you. I listened to this podcast recently, and a 74 year old woman said that she does 1000 burpees 2x a week - she doesn't do the push up, but still it takes almost 3 hours. If she can do that, I can go to the Y and lift 2x a week!

So, that's what I've been trying to do. I started this week - I warmed up with stationary biking/the elliptical for 20 minutes and then used the machines. Today it was so hot, I was sweating like a pig, but I still managed 20 minutes on the elliptical, then I did all the leg machines. I'm going to have to find an app that gives workouts and isn't $200 a month. Or, look at my old crossfit gym and do a couple of their workouts.

I promised myself airbuds if I can keep doing this for a timeframe - maybe 2x a week until the end of the summer?  

No comments:

Post a Comment