Friday, July 1, 2022

Swam Crawl to the Point without stopping!!


Super exciting accomplishment today - I swam all the way to the point without stopping! It was a super hot day today and there were a million people on the beach. When I got into the water I reached the edge of the people and just started swimming - it felt pretty easy. Unlike what I usually do, I didn't count my strokes, I just swam, and it was effective. I could see the shore going by, and I started to realize that I could get out to the point - I kept pushing for it, and I made it! Then I stopped and breathed for a while cause it was hard. It took about 10 minutes, which I felt OK with. 

It was a super windy day (I was actually swimming into the wind to the point). Once I started across the water I could really feel the waves pushing me around. It was kind of intense. I was glad that I swim with a buey, even though I didn't need it, it was nice to have there. I did use it for a couple rests. The way back was really hard because I was swimming parallel to the waves, and I think I was also a little tired from my 10 minute swim. 

After swimming I got to take out my friend's inflatable paddleboard. It was so frustrating going into the wind, but then on the way back I didn't even need to paddle, I just stood up and the wind brought me back.

We had another pizza party on the beach. I managed to only eat two slices of pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment