Saturday, May 15, 2021

QQ!



It's been over a year since I've really climbed - I went climbing once last year, outside at quincy quarries. But it was one of those really hot days where it was hard to touch the rock, and we tried to climb things with spray paint, and it wasn't that fun, so I barely count it. So, I feel like today was my first climbing in a year - it was so nice!

I went with a meetup group - the nature girls. Always a nice group, though I feel like everyone was like 20 years younger than me at least. But, whatever. I was the one who knew how to set up the ropes, which was a little weird. I was really happy to see that my training in parkour this winter had really paid off; we set up two ropes on savage wall, each of which I climbed - one twice. The second time on the harder route I actually got in some good moves on harder crack, which was great fun. And, it was nice just sitting out by the quarry, chatting and enjoying warm weather.

On the way out, there were these two guys whose rope was stuck - they had dropped it when they were taking it down and it got caught on a little outcrop of rock. I couldn't leave them with a stuck rope, and so I offered to set up mine so someone could climb or rappel down and get the rope unstuck. One of the guys showed me a back way to get up to the top of the cliff - who knew there were still places to find at QQ?? After, we went to a golf club for beer, which was funny because there were all these women in fancy clothes and looking all nice, and I was covered in dirt from my day's climbing. Hey - that's how I roll. 

Now that I'm fully vaccinated I can actually go climbing in a gym again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment