Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Rowing

Today I went for the third time to this rowing place in Brookline. It's so good - so much better than the one in Arlington that I will drive across the city for it. The owner is clearly passionate about rowing and he's really into technique and cheering people on and pushing you to do your best. Which I often find annoying, but he's super genuine, and like the crossfit coaches who used to call me an athlete.  Anyhow, I had to write about it because at the end of the workout I kind of felt like throwing up, a sign of a good aerobic workout!

The class was abs and rowing - you do 5 sets of rowing and then abs, with three different ab exercises for each set. They start with a medicine ball, and this time I didn't use the smallest! After the "warm up" of 5 sets, you choose a rowing program, I usually pick the middle of 5 choices which this time was 400 meters/45 sec rest/600 meters/1 min rest/300 meters/35 sec rest/200 meters/15 sec rest/100 meters.  It was somewhere around 200 meters that I wanted to puke. But I didn't.

I booked a hike in the White Mountains - I'm going to stay at Zealand Falls Hut, then hike to Guyot campground, set up my tent, and then hike the Bonds. There are 3 Bonds, I'm hoping I can do 2 one day and then 1 the next, then head to South Twin and North Twin, and then I'm staying at Galehead Hut. Then down the next day and home. I've done South Twin already, but that's five of my remaining seven 4000 footers :)  I hope it doesn't rain.  It seems kind of silly to stay at the huts when I have my tent, but then I don't have to carry food, and it's easier if it does rain, and also I just like the huts, so there. And, it will be my first solo night sleeping out in the tent, so I decided one night was good for starters.  If I like it, I may do some more next year, since I will hopefully be done with lists.  Super excited, and a little nervous! It's a lot to do.

PS. Don't try to rob the house when I'm gone, there's nothing to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment