Sunday, May 26, 2019

Mt. Watatic again

I was going to do Pack Monadnock and North Pack today, but I woke up at 5 am with a headache which I think was a mini migraine.  I took some drugs and went back to bed, but knew a big hike wasn't a good idea.  Tomorrow I'm going climbing (I tried to get my friend to change days, but she had plans for today, so no dice).  Then, I saw a hike for this evening at Mt Watatic, for 5 pm, and I thought "perfect!"  And it was! (except the bugs.)

There were 19 of us, which is a pretty big group.  We had our starting pow wow, and one guy arrived in jeans and another was like "this is my first hike since my heart attack."  I have nitroglycerin around my neck.  We were all like "ummmmm...." So, I thought it was going to be a slow one, but nope.  We pretty much jogged up the mountain, sat on top for an hour, and then jogged back down.  I get so competitive with the big groups, it's funny, I want to be up front if possible, so I was puffing along on the way up. We left the parking lot at like 5, and got up to the top around 6, with several pauses to let people catch up.

I brought a peanut butter and nutella sandwich, an orange, and cashews, and they were delicious. One guy in the group made brownies with things like beans.  They weren't bad.  He said he had a sweet potato brownie recipe, I'm going to have to do some googling.  And then after a while we jogged down, which took about 45 minutes.  There were so many bugs, I got down and was like "thanks for the hike. Bye."

On Saturday morning I did this new workout that was rowing and weights.  I kind of liked it!  I didn't think that it was so hard, but then my entire body hurts now, so I think it was a pretty good workout!  This guy on the hiking trip today called when you work out too much and are sore an "exercise hangover," which is what I think I might have had.  I like the term! And the studio. I will definitely do again!  It's closer to the last rowing studio - Arlington.

I've decided to do a shopping freeze for the summer, Memorial Day to Labor Day.  I've realized that I've been spending money kind of carelessly.  I have so much stuff, I'm not really sure why I keep feeling like I need more.  So, I'm going to try to take the summer off superfluous spending.  I can still buy food - including fresh fruits and veggies, but less Whole Foods and more Trader Joes/Market Basket/Wegmans. No more clothes, especially expensive work out clothes. No more expensive slices of pizza or Kumbacha that I don't finish.  We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment