Thursday, May 31, 2018

Tuesday Kayak

On Tuesday I went for a long kayak on the Charles.  There's a Waltham site for the kayak place that's right by the dam there, and you can go upstream (no real current) for 6 miles to Newton Falls, which is what I did.  It was a perfect day on the water - the sun was out and it was beautiful!  At one point I came across a bird fight - this swan was all puffed up and angry with this goose family, I think they got too close to mom goose and the babies (who were hanging out and watching).  Angry, puffy swan kept going after the geese, who were distracting him from the baby geese.  Finally all the babies got away, and the geese went in one direction, swans in another.  I would not want a swan to be angry with me, that dude was fierce!

For much of the time the water was completely flat - I love it when it's like that!  It took me like 4 hours, but I took my time, and had lunch, etc. Definitely will try to do that again!

So, my big news that I didn't mention in my last post:
1 - I defended my research proposal and passed.
2 - My IRB was approved
3 - I reached out to people to interview and have 2 scheduled for Monday, and 6 others who have expressed interest/willingness.  I need a minimum of 6 interviews.
4 - I have a job interview at Harvard on Tuesday!!  (Made it through their screening interview already)

Boom!



2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the defense/approval/interviews, LC! See, I do still read your posts sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kit! I'm glad to know I still have one reader :)

    ReplyDelete